The Algoma University Act of 2008 outlines and establishes the role of Senate in the direction and operation of the University. The Senate is responsible for the educational policy of the University and may enact by-laws and regulations for the conduct of its affairs. For more information on the role and operation of Senate, please view the Academic Senate By-Laws (PDF).
Members of the Senate
Members of the Senate Executive Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) include:
- Speaker of Senate: Dr. Laurie Bloomfield
- Alternate Speaker: TBA
- President and Vice-Chancellor: Asima Vezina
- Vice-President, Academic & Research
- Academic Dean: Dr. Donna Rogers
- Humanities Rep: Dr. Warren Johnston
- Social Science Rep: Dr. Aaron Gordon
- Sciences Rep: Dr. Cheryl Reed-Elder
- Registrar: David Marasco
- Secretary: David Marasco
Senate Meeting Schedule and Minutes: 2018 – 2019
Senate meetings are held in the Doc Brown Lounge (EW 205), at 1pm. Meeting minutes will be posted here as they become available.
2018 Senate Meetings
2019 Senate Meetings
|Friday, September 7||Friday, January 11|
|Friday, October 5||Friday, February 1|
|Friday, November 2||Friday, March 1|
|Friday, December 7||Friday, April 5|
|Friday, May 3|
|Friday, June 7|
For more information on past minutes, please view our Past Minutes section.