Forms, Templates & Tools
This page serves as a source of information and support materials for faculty. Included here are frequently used forms for hiring, curriculum and other administrative functions. Browse through the links below and if you have any questions please contact the Dean’s Office.
To view all University Policies please visit our Policies and Procedures webpage.
Accounting Forms Tool
The Accounting Forms Tool can be found on the MyAlgomaU Dashboard and it is aimed at easing the process of obtaining accounting forms when submitting for university-related purchases and travel.
Each Faculty and Librarian Member is required to submit to the Divisional Chair (or Director of Library) and the Academic Dean by May 5th of each year the following:
- Annual Report of Activities (PDF)
- Declaration of Outside Professional Activity Form (PDF)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae – resources on found on the Canadian Common CV website.
- Department Chair Checklist (PDF)
- New Course Template (DOC)
- Revised Course Template (DOC)
- Course Deletion Template (DOC)
- New Program Concept Summary Template (DOC)
- New Program Template (DOC)
- Revised Program Template (DOC)
- Course Syllabus Template (DOC)
Hiring & Evaluation Forms
- Candidate Clearance Form (DOC)
- Post Interview Ranking (DOC)
- Short Listing Policy (PDF)
- Short Listing Form (DOC)
- PT Formal Teaching Review Information (PDF)
- PT Formal Teaching Review Form (PDF)
- Teaching Behaviours Inventory (DOC)
- Peer Review – Note: For all materials pertaining to the Peer Review process, please contact the Office of the Dean via email@example.com.
Teaching and Learning Fellowship
- Fellowship Application (PDF)
Algoma University Faculty Association – Full Time – Collective Agreement
17:01 Vacation for Faculty
The academic year shall normally be from July 1st to the subsequent June 30th. Members are entitled to twenty-two (22) vacation days per academic year, payment for which is included in the annual salary. The Dean’s Office must be advised of all members’ holiday plans by May 1 of each year.
17:02 Faculty members shall arrange their vacation period(s) in consultation with their Divisional Chair, and librarian members with the University Librarian. Every effort shall be made to comply with academic staff requests in scheduling vacations, with due regard to the continued effective functioning of the instructional programme and the needs of the students.
There shall be no additional remuneration to a member who chooses to work through all or part of his or her vacation. A member is required to take his or her vacation in the year that it is earned and during a non-teaching term. No vacation leave may be carried forward from year to year.