Fee Refund Schedule
Below you will find details on tuition fee refund schedules for each campus.
- Students who withdraw on or before the first day of classes are eligible for a refund of tuition and fees minus the non-refundable deposit.
- Ancillary fees are not refunded after the first day of the term.
- It is the student’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with the financial regulations of the university. This includes payment of fees, schedule of fees and refund policies.
- A refund of tuition and student fees paid (less a $300 processing fee), will only be issued if a copy of the refusal letter issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is provided to Algoma University within three months of the date of the refusal letter.
- Processing times for semester one refunds will take a minimum of 8 – 12 weeks from the date that Algoma University receives all information required to process the refund.
- One thousand dollars ($1,000) of second term tuition is classified as non-refundable and automatically withheld/forfeited to Algoma University.
- Upon withdrawal, the amount of any refund owing will take this condition into account and the refund will be calculated according to the deadline date by which the withdrawal form has been received by the Office of the Registrar.
- The refund calculation will also include a $300 processing fee and any associated reductions based on any remaining outstanding fees.
- No refunds are given for withdrawals after the last date to withdraw from courses as per the Academic Calendar.
How to Request a Refund
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the student to initiate the process of receiving an eligible refund. Students who have credit balances on account as a result of an award issued must email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund. Students who are fully sponsored with award(s) on account must email email@example.com to request a refund.
International students with a credit balance on account as a result of excess payment will have the credit balance held for future terms of study OR can request a refund after the commencement of his/her final term of study. Refunds will be issued in the manner in which payment was received.
International students who have already paid term fees and have been issued an award can request payment of the award by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 SPRING/SUMMER TUITION FEE REFUND SCHEDULE
2020 Spring/Summer Tuition Fee Refund Schedule (less $100 non-refundable deposit)
|Term||Term Dates||100% Refund |
|Full-term (20SP)||June 1 - Aug 25||June 15|
|First-term (20SF)||June 1 - July 10||June 15|
|Second-term (20SS)||July 15 - Aug 25||July 30|
2020 – 2021 FALL/WINTER TUITION REFUND SCHEDULE
2020 – 2021Fall/Winter Tuition Refund Schedule (less $200.00 non-refundable deposit)
|Term||Term Dates||100% Refund|
|Full-term (20FW)||September 9 – April 12||September 23|
|Fall-term (20F)||September 9 – December 08||September 23|
|Winter-term (21W)||January 18 – April 28||February 1|
20F Condensed Course Refund Schedule
|Course||Start Date||Final Date||Last day for 100% Refund|
|CESD 2206AE||Oct. 26||Dec. 4||Nov. 6|
|COSC 1046T||Sept 9||Sept. 29||Sept. 18|
|COSC 1047T||Oct. 5||Oct. 29||Oct. 16|
|COSC 2006T||Nov. 2||Nov. 19||Nov. 6|
|COSC 2007T||Nov. 23||Dec. 11||Dec. 1|
|COSC 2406T||Nov. 3||Dec. 10||Nov. 13|
|ITEC 2706T||Nov. 23||Dec. 10||Dec. 1|
|MATH 1056T||Sept. 9||Oct. 27||Sept. 18|
|SWRK 3206N||Sept. 9||Oct. 26||Sept. 18|
|SWRK 4206N||Oct. 28||Dec. 7||Nov. 6|