Whether you’re already living in Canada or ready to make the big move abroad, we’re here to help you along the way.
On this page you will find useful resources to help guide you through the process of applying and accepting your offer to Algoma U, moving to campus here in Ontario, and ensuring you achieve academic success.
Welcome to the Algoma University family! We’re excited to welcome you to campus. The first step is to accept your offer. Please see the instructions below.
Option 1: Direct/Agent Application
Login to your AU application OR ask your agent to login to your AU Application and accept your offer of admission.
Option 2: OUAC Application
Login to your OUAC account and accept your offer. This will take 3-5 business days to be reflected on our system.
Your offer letter will give you a required tuition deposit that must be paid prior to submitting your study permit application. This is a VERY important step because your offer letter is NOT valid without proof of payment of your tuition deposit. Please view our payment options and important dates at this link here.
Option 1: Are you an international student applying to study in Canada for the first time?
If you do not currently hold a Canadian Study Permit, you will need to submit an application online at the Government of Canada’s website.
Option 2: Are you an international student already studying in Canada as a university or college student?
As a university or college student in Canada, you should already have a valid study permit. Please check the conditions of your study permit to ensure you can use it to study at the university level (not at the highschool/secondary level). You will need to apply for a new study permit if your current study permit is valid for high school.
Option 3: Are you an international student already studying in Canada as a high school student?
As a high school student in Canada, your current study permit is NOT valid for study at university. You MUST apply for and receive a new study permit that allows you to study at the post-secondary level BEFORE beginning your studies at Algoma University..
You can submit an application on the Government of Canada’s website. Processing time will be approximately 2 months.
If you require further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about life in Canada and academic culture, meet your future classmates and Algoma U staff, and participate in many fun activities. We cannot wait for this fun time!
SSM: Sunday, April 28th – Monday, April 29th
Brampton: Friday, April 26th – Saturday, April 27th
Spring 2019 ISOP Schedule for both Sault Ste Marie and Brampton Campuses will be announced in late March.
Sign up now
Are you waiting for your study permit? Please don’t wait to apply for your housing! If your study permit is delayed or denied, we will simply move your application to the following semester or allow you to cancel it completely.
Enjoy the unique experience of living with a Canadian family. Available only to students who will be enrolling in English for Academic Purposes Program.
Option 3: Off-Campus
If you would like to live off-campus, please check out our Off-Campus Housing Guide.
Course registration is generally available the month prior to the first day of class.
- Academic degree students: Your academic advisor will be in touch via email to discuss your course registration. Any questions or concerns can be sent to email@example.com.
- EAPP students: You will be required to participate in a placement test to determine your starting level upon arrival at Algoma University. Once your level has been determined, you will be registered in the appropriate level of EAPP. If you have any questions, please contact ESL@algomau.ca.
- Academic visiting and exchange students: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org about course advising and selection.
*IMPORTANT: In any email sent to Algoma University staff, please include your full name, student number and program of study.
The Algoma Student Ambassador Program (ASAP) is a 4-month, volunteer mentoring program that matches newly arriving international students (mentees) with Student Ambassadors (SAs or mentors) who are already studying on campus. SAs will help you, as a mentee, to become familiar with Algoma University and to live in the community of Sault Ste. Marie.
*ASAP is currently only available at the Sault Ste. Marie campus.
Submit your arrival details on our Arrival Form. It’s important that we know when you plan to arrive, to ensure a smooth transition to your studies at Algoma University.
Sault Ste. Marie Campus
- Book your flight to Sault Ste. Marie International Airport (YAM).
- We recommend Air Canada from Pearson International Airport, as most students flying to Canada will be arriving at Pearson.
- A secondary option is Porter Airlines out of Billy Bishop Airport (Downtown Toronto – must transfer via train and shuttle from Pearson International Airport).
- Submit your arrival details on our Sault Ste Marie campus Arrival Form. It’s important that we know when you plan to arrive, to ensure a smooth transition to your studies at Algoma University. If you choose an airport pickup, we will arrange a shuttles service to take you from the airport to your accommodation.
- Book your flight to Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ).
- Submit your arrival details on our Brampton campus Arrival Form. It’s important that we know when you plan to arrive, to ensure a smooth transition to your studies at Algoma University.
- Airport Pickup is NOT available at the Brampton Campus. Pearson International Airport has numerous public transit options available. Please visit https://www.
torontopearson.com/en/ toandfrom/public/# for more information.