At Algoma University we understand that financing for post-secondary education is a large and difficult task. The Financial Aid Office is dedicated to assisting students with meeting their education-related financial needs. We provide advice, information and support to students to help navigate the process of funding postsecondary studies.
The Financial Aid Office administers the following programs:
- Government aid, including the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), Part Time Canada Student Loans, and out of province student loans
- Scholarships and Awards
- Work Study and Summer Employment Programs
- Bursaries for Students with Disabilities and the Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Persons with Permanent Disabilities
We also provide the following seminars and workshops:
- Financial Navigation seminar for new students and parents (NEW!)
- One-on-one budget planning sessions
- Workshops and presentations on debt-repayment and debt-reduction
- Presentations on how to apply for OSAP
OSAP & Government Aid
Student loans through OSAP are only one of several ways that students can fund their post-secondary education.
Do you know all of the other financial aid options?Learn More
If you have question about financial aid, don’t worry, you’re not the only one!
The FAQ section answers the most common questions asked.Learn More