Learn about life in Canada and at Algoma U through the friendship and support of an upper-year student!
In spending a few hours a week with your mentor, you will grow immeasurably in confidence, and feel the value of the warm community we have at Algoma U.
Who can qualify to become a mentee?
- International students who have been at Algoma University less than 6 months
Basic expectations for mentee
- Make contact with your mentor during the first week of scheduled classes
- Attend the ASAP Orientation at the start of the semester
- Meet with your mentor for a minimum of 1 hour per week
- Submit a TimeSheet at the end of each month
- Attend 3 out of 4 planned ASAP events during the term