Summer Employment Program
Algoma University offers meaningful employment opportunities to students over the summer through the Summer Employment Program. The positions can provide students with the opportunity to expand their skillset in specific areas, helping them with future employment prospects upon graduation. Jobs are posted in February with the application process due in early March. Typically, jobs start in May and end in August, with, on occasion, the job continuing part time throughout the year through the Work Study Program.
Examples of jobs that have been funded through the Summer Employment Program include:
- Ornithology Research Assistant
- Editorial Research and Programme Assistant
- Human Resources Student Assistant
- Shingwauk Residential Schools Centre Archives Assistant
- Training Support – Dismantling the Culture of Sexual Violence
The application deadline has passed for 2018 summer jobs. Please check back in February 2019 for more information.