Bell Let’s Talk
This year, Algoma University is focusing our Bell Let’s Talk event on self-care. We are inviting students, staff and faculty to participate in the AU Self-Care Challenge! Share your photos and videos with the hashtag #auselfcare, and tell us what self-care means to you!
Bell Let’s Talk has provided a virtual photo booth, where you can upload your photos and videos all day on January 28, 2021, check it out https://www.bellletstalkphotobooth.ca/?group=Algoma+University+
Throughout the day we will be sharing tips and skills to add to your wellness tool kit. Keep an eye out for an energetic stretch led by our very own Ildiko Horvath, quick wellness tips from AUSU, as well as many other self-care activities! The Student Success Team will be giving out randomly drawn prizes throughout the day to those who share, tag and participate; so make sure to share your #auselfcare tips with us! Details will be posted on social media so stay tuned!
Can’t participate on the 28th? That’s ok! Just email your photos/videos to email@example.com before February 2 @4PM for a chance to win!
- Bell Let’s Talk Mental Health Resources: https://letstalk.bell.ca/en/ways-to-help?fbclid=IwAR1usDE-OuuUMGSoI9ShaTNOD6OzcgCsA5G031IcFycANC1YkgmR0UJZ-y4
- Good2Talk is a free, confidential helpline providing professional counselling and information and referrals for mental health, addictions and well-being to post-secondary students in Ontario, 24/7/365.
- www.good2talk.ca. Good2Talk – 1-866-925-5454 or text GOOD2TALKON to 686868,
- For adults, you can also text WELLNESS to 741741 to chat with a volunteer crisis responder (applies to all staff, adults, anyone! Across Canada)
- www.hopeforwellness.ca – The Hope For Wellness helpline and online chat counselling service offers immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention to all Indigenous people across Canada. This service is a multilingual, free, confidential, mental health helpline for Indigenous Canadians. They provide immediate, culturally relevant crisis counselling support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Dial: 1-855-242-3310. Provides immediate, culturally relevant crisis counselling support 24/7/365. Refers callers to additional supports if needed. Provides services in English, French, Cree, Inuktitut, Ojibwe
- www.bouncebackontario.ca – “Bounce Back is a free skill-building program managed by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA). It is designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression and anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered over the phone with a coach and through online videos, you will get access to tools that will support you on your path to mental wellness.”
- http://www.ausu82.ca/im-well.html – Free I.M. Well App available to all Algoma U students. Call 1-877-554-6935 for 24/7 access to Live Counsellors.
Algoma University Launches Inaugural Research Week
Posted Feb 26, 2021
(SAULT STE. MARIE, ON- February 26, 2021): Algoma University’s inaugural Research Week kicks off Monday, March 1, 2021, and runs...
Top Events to Celebrate International Women’s Week at Algoma University
Posted Feb 23, 2021
Algoma University Celebrates Black History Month 2021
Posted Feb 1, 2021