Explore Algoma U – March Break Open House
We’re hosting an open house during March Break! Learn more about your favourite program by sitting in on faculty program sessions or classes, meet our President, tour our campus and residence facilities, and experience what it will be like as an Algoma University student. Not only will this be a fun and informative way to check out Algoma University, by attending you’ll also have the chance to win FREE first-year tuition – what better way to start off your degree program?
Whether you decide to drive, fly, or take the bus, we’ll help cover your travel costs and pay for your hotel stay in Sault Ste. Marie. We really do believe you will love it when you visit us – that’s why we’ll help pay for your travel.
We cover up to two nights of hotel accommodations for the nights of March 12 and March 13. Plus:
- If you fly, we will reimburse 50 per cent of the cost of the student’s airfare*, or
- If you drive, we will provide a gasoline gift card, or
- If you take the Greyhound bus, we will reimburse the full fare of the student’s ticket
NOTE: Hotel booking information will be sent to you after you register for the March Break Open House.
* If the student enrols at Algoma U in the subsequent fall term, we will actually reimburse the other 50 per cent of the student’s airfare!
Monday, March 12
- Arrive in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
- Check-in to hotel
Tuesday, March 13
- 9:15am: Arrival and registration
- 9:45am: Welcome address
- 10am: Campus and residence tours
- 11:45am: Lunch and learn (FREE)
- 1pm: Academic program sessions/sit in on a class
- 2:30pm: Explore campus
Wednesday, March 14
Optional Day to Explore Sault Ste. Marie with these potential activities:
- Free day lift tickets for Searchmont Ski Resort
- Free tickets to local cultural attractions