How to Apply
International students applying from overseas may apply directly to Algoma U on our application portal or via the OUAC 105 portal. If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com or phone* (705) 949-2301 ext. 4338.
*Please note, due to COVID-19 campus restrictions during the lockdown, this phone number is not currently being staffed until further notice.
- Complete the Algoma U application
- Pay your non-refundable $125.00 CDN application fee on the application portal. For other payment options, click here.
- Submit copies of all transcripts including secondary school transcripts, secondary school diplomas, post-secondary school transcripts, and diplomas/degrees, if applicable. All applicants must upload their documents on the AU Application Portal.*
- Send proof of English Language Proficiency (if applicable). For accepted test results, please click here.
- Gap Letter/Gap Explanation – If you have been out of school for more than two years, you must provide documentation detailing your recent professional history. This documentation can include a resume, letters of employment, additional undeclared academic history, and/or a personal letter of explanation.
* If you are an OUAC 101 or 105 Applicant, you will not have access to the AU Application Portal. Digital copies can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the below guidelines to ensure faster processing time.
Documents & Academic History
- Any schools indicated in the academic history on the application will require a transcript to be submitted, unless otherwise stated, in order to assess the application.
- Any schools and/or transcripts not indicated in the academic history, that come to light after an offer has been issued, will not be considered for transfer credit evaluation.
- All documents must come with an Official English Language translation if the original documents are not in English.
- Rename all of your files to accurately describe their content. For example, “University of Example transcripts”; all English language test results should be named “English Language Test”.
- Documents must be submitted in PDF format.
- Condense all related documents (by institution) into one PDF document. For example, all semesters of high school should be condensed into one PDF document and all documents for university should be condensed into another PDF document. This will ensure that you are able to upload all documents via the Application Portal.
What is considered an official transcript?
An official transcript is defined as a transcript that is sent directly by the issuing institution or education authority using the sending institution’s security features (e.g., secure paper, institutional seal, secure digital encryption, etc.) and has not been handled by the student in any way.
Official transcripts may be requested for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to confirmation of a student’s unconditional admission, transfer credit evaluations, scholarship assessment, or cases of suspected fraudulent documents.
Hard Copy by Mail
Please only mail official transcripts if they are requested. If official hard copies of documents have been requested, please mail to:
ATTENTION: International Admissions
1520 Queen Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
Please upload encrypted digital copies to your applicant portal (direct AU Application Portal applicants only) or email them to email@example.com (direct applicants and OUAC applicants).
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the university is currently accepting unencrypted digital copies of transcripts as official transcripts IF they are emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by a representative from the sending institution and from the sending institution’s official email address.
Created in partnership with institutions across Canada, ApplyProof is a trusted solution aimed at setting students up for enrolment success. Using a unique identifier code, applicants can view their secured digital documents online. Linked directly to Algoma University, ApplyProof presents the real-time document status, allowing users and immigration officials to authenticate documents in a matter of seconds. We anticipate that this will help to expedite the process of authenticating documents for our students and shorten the visa processing timelines. More information about the ApplyProof Platform can be found at www.applyproof.com/about.
Effective XXXXXXX, all Algoma University Offer packages will be processed through Applyproof!
How to Access Your Offer Package on ApplyProof
Once you have been accepted to Algoma University, you will receive a congratulatory email from email@example.com, with instructions on accessing your Offer Package. If you have applied through an agent, they will receive the email and provide you with the link or the document.
Step 1: Click on the ApplyProof Link
Upon receipt of your congratulatory email message, a unique link will be shared with you to access your official document electronically.
Step 2: Insert Passcode to Retrieve the Document
Your Passcode and instructions for entering the passcode will be included in the original email.
Those unsure of how to access their secure document should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Does an ‘ApplyProofed’ Document Look Like?
An ApplyProof page is added to the end of your document; you can use the code and passcode to retrieve your document from www.applyproof.com in the future.
Please make sure the ApplyProof page is attached when you are applying for a study permit.
Frequently Asked Questions