Why Choose a University Degree?
A university education encourages creative and independent thought, and builds initiative and leadership skills that can be used for life.
Studies show that university education has been associated with higher income, expanded career options, and greater employment rates. Provincial statistics* illustrate the following benefits of obtaining a university degree:
- Ontario university graduates experienced the highest employment growth of any educational group over the last ten years;
- Ontario University graduates earn approximately 32% more annually than those with a college certificate or diploma; and
- The 2013 Grad Survey shows that the average rate of employment two years after university graduation is now 93% and 88.6% of those employed are using skills that are closely related or somewhat related to their field of study.
*According to the Council of Ontario Universities
Why Algoma U?
- Small class sizes allow you to get the personal attention you need to succeed;
- Over 30 academic programs;
- Excellent scholarships are available for all students that have previously graduated with an Ontario college diploma or advanced diploma;
- Cross cultural and diverse academic community;
- Transition support for all college transfer students during their time at Algoma; and
- Excellent graduate success.
How to Apply
Instructions on how to apply as a college transfer, college graduate or mature student can be found in the Apply section. Pathways Scholarships are available for all students that have previously graduated with an Ontario college diploma or advanced diploma.
For more information, view the Transfer and Mature Student Orientation Guide (PDF).