The World Awaits You
Algoma University offers more than just a unique classroom experience. For students interested in taking their classroom experience to exotic destinations and foreign countries, they can take part in a variety of study abroad opportunities. Algoma U is committed to providing students with a cross-cultural learning experience, whether on campus, or somewhere else in the world.
There are countless benefits to studying abroad. Many of our students have cited their time abroad as being the most enlightening experience and the best part of their university degree. Below are just some of the benefits cited by those who have ventured abroad.
- Experiencing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Our exchange program allows students to experience what life is like in another country. It allows students the opportunity to travel and learn in a new country, which for many, may be an once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Learning a new language. While most Canadian students prefer choosing countries where English is the mother tongue, studying in a country where English is not dominant or widely spoken, provides students with the potential to develop new linguistic skills by being immersed in another language.
- Educational benefits. By studying abroad, students have the possibility to take courses which are not readily available at their home institution. They are also opened up to the new perspectives and ideas of their host country. While being immersed in a new culture, students have the opportunity to learn in different contexts, educational systems, and be opened to differing worldviews.
- Building your résumé. The skills, attributes, and new perspectives students gain while studying overseas, along with their willingness to venture outside of their comfort zone, helps with résumé building. Plus, students’ ability to work and succeed in a cross-cultural environment is particularly sought after into today’s competitive labour market in the global world.
- Affordable experience. Most are unaware that our exchange program is extremely affordable. Normally, international students pay double their regular tuition to study abroad. However, at Algoma University, students in our exchange program only pay their home tuition rate and standard fees. Plus the credits earned from their host institution will contribute towards their degree. The only added fees are airfare, accommodation, and spending money.
Studying abroad gives you the chance to have an adventure and an exceptional international learning experience while earning credit toward your Algoma University degree! Study abroad experiences come in all shapes and sizes, from as short as a few weeks to a full year, with many options in between.Find the right one for you!
For more information on studying abroad at Algoma University, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org