The portfolio informs the Arts Department about your interests, experience, skills and goals.
Below you will find information on everything that you should include in your portfolio. Choose your best work that provides a sampling of your creative practice.
The personal statement provides insight to the Visual Arts Department about your background, experience, inspirations, and goals. In approximately 500 words, explain your reasons for wanting to study Art and describe your artistic interests, specific influences, and any educational background in the arts.
10 Examples of Work
Submit examples of 10 current pieces (try to select from the past three years) that provide a good representation of your range of art interests and skills. Works may be created inside or outside a formal class setting.
You may submit more than one image of a single artwork if the work is large or complex.
Examples of the Range of Materials you can Submit
- Drawings, prints, paintings, or murals
- Photography (analogue or digital), collage, or other mixed media works
- Video, performance, animation, or audio-based work
- Sculptures, carvings, fibre or ceramic work
- Digital art, website design, graphic novel, and zine productions
- Selections from sketchbooks and journals
Include the following information with your work:
- Year of work
- Brief description of the work – maximum 50 words (optional)
Submit the examples of your work as either JPEG files with a corresponding image list or as a single PDF with all images and image information included in a single file.
Online Portfolio Submission Process
- Submit your application for admission to the University prior to submitting your portfolio;
- Upload and submit your portfolio via email to email@example.com; and
- If you have any questions at all regarding your portfolio or the portfolio submission process please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org we are very happy to help!