Collaborative Online Bridging Program
College graduates can earn a Bachelor of Computer Science in as little as 12 months by entering this innovative pathway program.
Enhance your Computer Science-related diploma with a degree in one year. Begin your studies in Spring and graduate with a Bachelor of Computer Science (General) after the winter semester (one calendar year). Study for two additional terms to complete an Honours Bachelor of Computer Science. The first semester of the program is online through Spring / Summer, Fall and Winter semesters are in class at the Sault Ste. Marie campus.
Available to Cambrian College Computer Systems Technician and Northern College Computer Engineering Technician graduates with a GPA of 3.00 or higher depending upon their previous credentials.
In the Online Bridging Program, students will learn:
- Software development – students learn Java, C++, C, and Scripting
- Android programming
- Data structures and programming
- Database programming – database design, SQL, Oracle, and Access
- Assembly language programming
- Operating systems – I/O, file management, process and scheduling on Unix, and Windows
- Networking – IPs, packets, general ISO structure of networks – applied/practical networks – installing software, managing mail, and more
- This program is also a great choice and option for those interested in software engineering.
Students who have a diploma from Cambrian College’s Computer Systems Technician or Northern College’s Computer Engineering Technician will be able to earn a Bachelor of Computer Science (general) in 12 months, depending upon their previous credentials and overall grade point average.
Online bridging classes begin in May and continue throughout the spring and summer terms, before joining regular programming in the Fall. Students can complete the program by the end of the subsequent winter term.
Diplomas older than 5 years are still eligible to receive transfer credits, they will be assessed on an individual basis.
How to Apply
Admission to the collaborative Online Bridging Program is available to community college graduates who have completed a Computer Science related diploma (depending upon their previous credentials and overall grade point average).
To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Hold a recognized two or three year college diploma in a computer science-related field with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
To apply, click here.
Current Northern College, Cambrian College and Confederation College students are eligible to apply through the Joint Admissions process.
For more information on the Collaborative Online Bridging Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org