Register for Your Courses
New Student Registration
Now that you’ve chosen Algoma U, the next step for you to take is course selection.
We encourage students to register online as soon as possible as course sections will fill up quickly, limiting your options.
To get started, select the appropriate intake term below.
Direct from High School
- Accept your offer of admission at the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) on or before June 3rd. If you did not apply through OUAC, contact our Admissions Office at 705-949-2301 ext, 4245 or 4280.
- An Algoma U login and password will be sent to your personal email account. This gives you access to students.algomau.ca. If you have not received this, please click on the Contact Help Desk icon at students.algomau.ca.
- On Monday, June 10 at 8am, all new Algoma University students attending the Sault Ste. Marie main campus will be able to login and select classes at students.algomau.ca. Students and parents are encouraged to attend the Academic Orientation on June 10, 2019 at 6:30pm prior to registering for classes. Contact email@example.com for assistance.
Academic Orientation: June 10, 2019
We will be hosting an Academic Orientation for all incoming students (direct from high school, college transfer, and mature students) to help prepare you for September. Learn how to register for courses online, and much more.
Login to: students.algomau.ca
- Confirm personal information
- Choose your courses for the Fall/Winter 2019/20 academic year
- Complete payment information
Orientation Week (O-Week) 2019-2020: September 2-8th 2019
O-Week is your official welcome to campus. Meet people from staff, faculty, upper-year and your fellow first-year students through fun and engaging events!
Anishinaabe Welcome Week: September 16th -20th
College/University Transfer – Mature Student
- Accept your offer of admission at the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC). If you did not apply through OUAC, contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705.949.2301 ext. 4220, 4245 or 4227.
- Once Admissions receives your final, official transcript, they will determine the transfer credits that you are eligible to receive and your Statement of Transfer Credit Chart will be sent to you by email. If you are not eligible for transfer credits, you may proceed to contact advising for an appointment.
- Contact email@example.com. You will be assigned an academic advisor who will assist you with your course This may be done either in person or over the phone. Please have your Transfer Credit Chart available when selecting your courses. You will not be able to meet with your advisor until you have this document. If you have not received this document, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Students may register after June 10, 2019. Students may appeal to the University Registrar for early registration if they have extenuating circumstances.
Direct from High School and College/University Transfer
To be officially registered for courses, students are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $400 or $200 per term (with an exception for students who apply to OSAP and have all supported documents in place by June 30th). It is strongly recommended that students register for both terms to confirm course selection.
Band sponsored students do not need to provide the per term deposit as long as a sponsorship letter is on file. Please contact your Education Counsellor to send a sponsorship letter to the Student Accounts Officer at email@example.com.
The balance of your tuition is due on August 9, 2019. Students receiving OSAP will have an automatic extension to September 27, 2019 for fees. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure their account balance is paid-in-full by the deadline and that their OSAP or other resources are sufficient to cover any fees.
Fee Refund Schedule
View the Fee Refund Schedule section.
Methods of Payment Include:
Bank Account Payment
Through your preferred bank account you can add Algoma University as a “payee” to arrange payment. You will require your Algoma 9-digit student identification number for this option.
Online Payment – Credit Card Payment
Students may pay online though your Student Portal and select “Online Tuition Payment”. Your fee statement will be available and you will be able to pay with either Visa or MasterCard or American Express.
Student Accounts Office
Students are welcome to pay in-person with Student Accounts at Algoma University (NW 307). Hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm If you are paying in-person, you may pay via Cash, Debit, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, MoneyOrder, and/or Cheque.
Telephone – Credit Card Payment
Students have the option to call 1-705-949-2301, ext. 4723 to arrange for payment with Visa or MasterCard or American Express. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm