Early Access Program (EAP)
Benefits of Early Access Program
The EAP program is an excellent opportunity for current high school students to explore the university experience prior to graduating high school. The program allows students to:
- Complete university courses, while still in secondary school, that will count towards a post-secondary degree or certificate at Algoma University;
- Have an experience that will assist in a successful transition from secondary school to post-secondary;
- Increase their awareness of the various course and degree options available;
- Gain a greater insight into education and career planning decisions; and
- Opens opportunity for students to make meaningful and relevant educational choices while preserving a common core of learning.
What Can I Study?
A range of first-year course options are available for you to choose from including but not limited to:
- Language Courses. Can’t get enough travel and culture? Develop your language skills in an Intro Anishinaabemowin, French, Spanish or Italian course
- Creative Arts. Are you more of a left-brainer? Hone your skills in an Introductory Music Class or Introductory Drawing Class
- Science & Technology. Discover your inner CSI in “Special Topics in Forensic Science” or test your gaming chops in “The Games Marketplace”
- Business. Are you the next great entrepreneur? Get your start in “Intro to Canadian Business” or really get your feet wet in “Intro to Microeconomics”
- People Focused. Do you want to make a difference in your community or the world? Enrol in “Intro to Social Welfare in the North” or “Intro to Community Economic & Social Development”
To view courses that are available under the program, check out our 2017-18 Fall and Winter Schedule (PDF).
To register for our EAP courses, students must fill out our registration form and then apply. Register Now.