Sault Ste. Marie Campus Master Plan
More than a Plan, a call for Action
Algoma University is undertaking a Master Plan study for the Sault Ste. Marie Campus that will focuses on the physical growth and development over the 5-10 year horizon. It helps prioritize Algoma’s near and long term need, addresses specific goals and strategies of the institution and provides recommendations for physical improvements including land and building use, open space, transportation, pedestrian and vehicular circulation, and phasing.
The Sault Ste. Marie Campus Master Plan was recently approved goals the Board of Governors. View full story here.
Campus Master Plan Vision
Algoma University offers a transformative education through a student-centered approach to teaching and learning. We work together with the city, the community, and all partners entrusted to care for our unique site to promote a safe, inclusive, and welcoming environment that facilitates research and education excellence and creativity. As a catalyst for change within the City of Sault Ste. Marie, our campus evolves to create dynamic, resilient, and accessible spaces that celebrate the legacy and purpose of the land it occupies.
A campus that aligns with the original vision for the land
A multicultural, welcoming and inclusive campus
A vibrant campus
A resilient campus
A connected campus with a strong sense of identity
A campus that fosters academic, research, and creative excellence
|Gatherings with Anishinaabe Partners||- May 16, 2019 (Double Session)|
- July 12, 2019
- September 12, 2019
|Meetings / Roundtables with Specific Groups||- May 17, 2019 – City of Sault Ste. Marie|
- May 17, 2019 – Algoma District School Board
- July 12, 2019 – City of Sault Ste. Marie
- July 30, 2019 – External Stakeholders
|Visioning Workshops||- June 24, 2019 – Visioning Workshop|
- September 26, 2019 – Students Workshop
- February 7-8, 2020 – Board Retreat Workshop
|Campus Master Plan Town Halls||- July 11, 2019 – Town Hall #1|
- September 27, 2019 – Town Hall #2
- October 5, 2020 – Town Hall #3
|Presentations||- June 7, 2019 – Presentation to University Senate|
- September 12, 2019 – - Presentation to Algoma - Leadership Team
- November 1, 2019 – Presentation to University Senate
- November 29, 2020 – Presentation to Board of Governors – CMP Version
- January 29, 2020 – Presentation to Anishinaabe Partners
- April 30, 2020 – Presentation to Board of Governors – Growth Strategy
- June 30, 2020 – Presentation to Anishaabe Partners
- September 24, 2020 – Presentation to Board of Governors
Project Team – comprised of members of the Facilities Management and Development department together with David Ellis Architect, IBI Group, Two Row Architects, Normtech Engineering, STEM Engineering, and Trina Bolam as a historic advisor.
Algoma Leadership Team – ALT The executive group is comprised of senior leaders from both the academic and non-academic groups at Algoma U. The leadership group will make final decisions on proposed recommendations.
All! – The project team is looking to engage all members of Algoma University and the Sault Ste. Marie community. Please feel free to participate in the 2019 consultations and share your campus vision for the next 10 years and beyond.