Office of the Registrar
The Office of the Registrar at Algoma University is committed to providing personalized professional services to potential, new, and returning students, and to managing the administrative aspects of every student’s educational experience to the best of our ability. We aim to do this by:
- Cultivating a welcoming, friendly atmosphere that makes everyone comfortable in approaching staff.
- Carrying out our functions as efficiently as possible while remaining friendly and providing personalized attention.
- Responding to student needs and concerns.
- Following academic regulations consistently and fairly.
- Reviewing the services we provide, and how we provide them, regularly in order to make ongoing positive changes to processes and/or procedures as appropriate.
- Respecting the rights and privileges of prospective students, current students, staff, and faculty, and to communicate openly with everyone with whom we work.
- Responding to every phone, in-person, and e-mail query as quickly
- Providing a “client services approach” for students with questions or needs regarding admission, registration, advising, finances, and other related matters.
The Office of the Registrar is here to assist you – from your first contact with us right through to your graduation day. We’ll help you with everything from admission and registration to exchange programs and career services. It’s part of our job to help simplify your life at Algoma U.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Important Calendar Dates: 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Important Calendar Dates: 2018-2019 (PDF)
- Important Calendar Dates: 2019-2020 (PDF)
View the Final Examination Policy (PDF) for information on general rules and conduct regarding final exams.
Application and Request Forms
Some of the services provided by the Registrar’s Office require formal requests or applications. Please select from the forms listed here:
- Application to Graduate (online form)
- Transcript Request (online form)
- Letter of Permission Application (PDF)
- Reading Course Application (PDF)
- Change of Address Form
- Disciplinary Regulations on Academic Dishonesty (PDF)
- Grade Appeals Policy (PDF)
- Letter Request Form (PDF)
- Complete Withdrawl Survey (PDF)
- Request to the Senate Committee on Academic Regulations and Petitions (PDF)
For information on policies that relate to the academic functions of the University, please navigate to our Policies and Procedures section.
Other Contact Information
If you need further assistance, please contact us at one of the following email addresses. We are here to help you!